Wednesday, September 15, 2010

MY GOALS FOR THIS SCHOOL YEAR

Another school year has begun, and I'm already staying up to get my homework done. What is unique about this year is that it is my senior year J and what is even more special is that I am a full diploma student. I am trying my preeminent ability to survive this second year of IB and pass with acceptable and satisfactory scores.

Similar to each year, I lay down certain long-term goals for myself both personal and associated with school for me to achieve by the end of the year. I discovered that this is pretty motivating and practical. In every class, I have internal as well as external assessments I am accountable for.

In English A2, these evaluations vary between oral commentaries, presentations, exams, written commentaries and more… My core ambition for this class is to excel in all the assessments. This is not as easy as it sounds given that it is expected from me –Riham El Ghoussainy– to excel in most subjects if not all. This calls for a great effort since all subjects demand hard work from me. I learnt and became more skillful at many handy advanced studying techniques during the first year of IB, and developed my studying habits to turn into an improved and more efficient student. For example, my organization skills became better, and I'm making my best effort to forestall procrastination.

In this particular class, I am eager to engage in the topics which we are going to take, research and explore them, read additional connected items in order to refurbish my understanding and knowledge as well as scrutinize different aspects of the topic, and most importantly, try to relate them to myself and culture. This will hopefully improve my thinking which leads to better reflections and results.


Even though I might not get the highest scores in this subject eventually, but at least I will be definite that I had tried the best of my capabilities under my conditions, leaving me with no regrets or doubts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment